Tuesday 16 October 2012

How to Save a Life/Awesomeness personified 2

This picture is posted on my front door and above my desk at work because I love it. It makes me smile every time. I don't care if people think I'm mad (I am) it's for me. To remind me, at a glance, of the humour, the joy, and how great this world can be. I found out tonight a friend's son tried to commit suicide. I can't imagine what it feels like to see your son in so much distress he feels he can't go on and my heart is in pain for her. I do know how it feels to not want to go on. To REALLY not want to go on. She thinks he really meant it. I know how that feels and my heart goes out to him, I can only hope that as a family they find the strength and he recovers fully. I pray for it, for them all. My days of suicidal thoughts aren't over but the devastation Malc caused stops me. The promises I made to people stop me. I put family/friends through enough when i meant it, but it's swept under the carpet, no-one ever spoke to me about it and all i know is it upset them. Some day I fear those reasons for hanging on wont be enough. At the moment though I have Kirk. He's a facet, among many, responsible for keeping me here but I don't have all your photos so I picked him.

RIP Amanda Todd.

No comments:

Post a Comment