Thursday 5 August 2010

awesomeness personified



Well it’s been a rough number of days. I haven’t been coping well and so I’ve been using the old zolpidem and diazepam combo to knock me out again and again and again. For days. Only waking long enough to take more. It’s frightening how much I got through. Yesterday changed though, somehow I found enough fight to get up and say no more. Being wednesday I was supposed to go to zumba in the evening but the amount of diazepam I take when I’m like that leaves me zonked for a few days after I surface. What I did do though was start watching Star Trek. I’d ordered the box set of ten films and it came on Tuesday. I can’t tell you why that changed things but I’m glad it did. I watched the first four films and I have tell you I love them as much now as every other time I’ve watched them. Captain Kirk is a God. Watching the films perked me up no end, he’s just so, so awesome, as are the rest of the cast and I think in future when things are bad I’ll escape into sci-fi until I can face real life again. That way I’m indulging a passion and not hurting anyone, least of all myself. I found the above pic online ages ago and i don't know who's responsible for it but i want it on a t-shirt so i'm going to go hunt for it. Thank-you Captain, i worship at your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment